Monday, November 12, 2007

Day One: A Week Without TV

Since starting my new job, I've been trying to figure out how to prioritize my life and do the things I want to do during the week. No doubt, I love my TiVo but I find myself watching shows just to numb out and that's not a good thing. I want to make sure that the shows I'm watching I'm engaged in and that when I'm watching TV, it's not because I'm trying to get away from something.

Well, I should cut myself a bit of slack. Sometimes one needs to watch TV and zone out.

I decided to conduct an experiment anyway. A week without TV. I'm stretching the truth a bit here because I'm allowing myself time to watch a show while eating dinner, but that's about it. What else will I find myself doing instead of sinking deeper into my couch?

Well, tonight I cleaned up my kitchen, put away laundry (which usually stays out the entire week), talked to my uncle for 45 minutes on the phone, went through my physical mail, caught up on my RSS feeds and a bunch of other small tasks. Not bad. Now I'm obviously blogging and I'll have time to go through my email and then go to bed at a decent hour.

Let's see how the rest of the week goes.

No comments: