Sunday, November 25, 2007

Swindled!

I had a very New York experience yesterday. My friend C and I hit the town, looking for a replacement hat (I lost my fabulous Parisian hat somehow) and we ended up at Bryant Park. The Holiday kiosks were set up and we wanted to enjoy some hot chocolate and sit and watch the ice skaters. So we walk up to the Bari kiosk and placed our orders. As I'm standing there, I noticed a packet of Swiss Miss instant cocoa behind the counter. Noooo, I think. Noooooooooooo.

Yes the did. They served us Swiss Miss instant cocoa. I don't know why I didn't say anything. I think I was tired. I didn't want to argue. I looked over at C. She noticed the Swiss Miss too. She also noticed that they even used water, not milk.

I walked away from the kiosk annoyed and I threw out the cup without even drinking it. At least C tried to give it to a homeless person but even he didn't want it.

Well, do a touristy thing and you're bound to run into someone looking to make a quick buck. Total for this experience? $3.50.

No comments: