Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Go gadget go!

Two songs have been stuck in my head for as long as I can remember. One of them is the finale of the William Tell overture (aka: the theme song for the Lone Ranger).  This song runs in my head whenever I brush my teeth.  I don't know how it got there, but almost each and every time I run the song through my mind as I brush.  Well, it's a really fast piece, isn't it?  Makes sense that I'd be playing it in my head as a kid to get through the brushing.

The other song is um, the Inspector Gadget theme song. I'll be walking around and then:
doot do doot do doot inspector gadget
doot do doot do doot do doot! do doot!
doot do doot do doot inspector gadget
doot do doot do doot. doot doot.
Go gadget go! and so on.

I'll be sitting here at work, like right now, and "doot do doot do doot" will start. No reason.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's this woman in my office by the name of "Marianne" and every time I see her I think of that song that says "Marianne, she's a vegitarian... she don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone." I can't tell her for obvious reasons, but I think she's caught me absent-mindedly singing it on more than one occasion.
-The Fat Guy