Friday, June 13, 2008

catching up

Why is it possible to hold contradictory emotions? Why can I feel happy, sad, miserable, and lonely and still say I love my life with a big smile on my face and mean it?

Things have been non-stop since I got back from Florida and exhausting mentally, emotionally and physically. Now I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie (High Fidelity. I watched it when it came out in 2000 but just finished reading the book so I'm re-watching it) and while the movie is good, I'm here blogging and I also have a strong desire to jump into a pool and sink to the bottom and stay there for as long as I can before I'm forced to come up for air.

There's a lot to do this weekend, I don't want to do any of it, but I have to because it's been so long since I've been home and/or awake while home.

I'm going to spend some time now catching up on the blogs I haven't read in two weeks. Meanwhile, the bloggess makes me laugh out loud. Read it! Love it!

1 comment:

Clau said...

High Fidelity. Love it! The book was great, but I loved the movie more only because of John Cusack. I can replay the scene of him throwing the air conditioner on Tim Robbin's head over and over again. But for the storyline -- I go through that cyclical motion of wanting to know what my ex-s are up to and letting them see what they missed out on about every 6 years. It is now that 6th year.
-c