Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update

Gang, I got a call earlier this afternoon around 1pm that my
grandmother was in the hospital and might not make it through the
night. I haven't mentioned it here, but earlier this year she was
diagnosed with metastatic brain cancer. That's why I've been flying to
Florida once a month.

I went back home, changed my flight which I had scheduled leaving
Friday to this afternoon. I packed, got ready and was about to head
out the door when my father called to let me know that she passed at
2pm.

Now I'm sitting in JFK at jet blue's terminal. I really thought that
I'd have time to get there, that she'd hold on a little bit longer.
But she was surrounded by her sons and her husband and extended family
that loved her. And she most certainly knew just how much I loved her
and how thankful and grateful I am for the love and support she gave
me all of my life.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

That's rough. Sorry.
-The Fat Guy

Rational Answers said...

My sympathies to you and your family.

vivzan said...

Thank you, that's very nice of you.