Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympic fever

I haven't been posting because I totally have Olympic fever! I have been blowing up my twitter with my excitement so to spare everyone:
  • Women's pole-vaulting is totally awesome. I kind of want to try it.
  • I'm really looking forward to watching synchronized swimming. Not lame!
  • I love hurdles so much! I was a really good hurdler. Love watching it.
  • Men's gymnastics is totally hot. Especially rings. And pommel horse.
  • I haven't seen men's diving yet. That's usually hot too.
  • Michael Phelps looks exactly like my cousin Alex.
  • Every time I see Bela Karolyi I sing "Bela Karolyi's dead." Sorry.
  • Women's discus is totally nuts. They all grunt and scream.
  • I hope they televise Judo and Taekwondo.
  • Did they get rid of that ribbon gymnastic dance? Because that crap was lame.
Ok, I'm done. I can't promise not to tweet Olympic stuff again.

2 comments:

Chelc said...

Umm, excuse me, but you didn't mention volleyball at all?! Women's and men's beach and indoor?! Come on now, that's totally hot!

I had a friend in high school who did discus and javelin. She tried to convince me to do it, but it conflicted with volleyball. I, too, am intrigued by pole-vaulting. It seems like it would be so freeing, yet paralyzingly scary at the same time!

(Oh, and A and I were just watching synchronized swimming last night! It's a tough sport that gets a bad wrap from all the crazy makeup and outfits!)

vivzan said...

I had a blast watching USA vs BRA - Misty and Kerri were totally awesome! We have such a good volleyball team and I can't wait to see them play against China.

I don't know why I didn't mention them. I feel like I've talked about them a lot on Twitter, maybe that's why.

Was synchronized swimming televised? I searched on TiVo and couldn't find it.