After the third time, I decided to do something instead of just lying there thinking and trying to force myself back to sleep. So, at 3am I have:
- Walked around, looked out the living room window.While this has been... fun, I'd really like to sleep through the night.
- Tinkered with some song lyrics I've been working on adding:this love won't leave- Wrote and deleted two blog posts about waking up at 3am and about other careers I thought I'd be good at (arson investigator, private investigator, detective, etc).
this heart still bleeds
i'm on my knees
begging you please
- Played with the cats.
- Wrote down story scraps - sentences or paragraphs that don't really fit anywhere.
- Went up to the roof deck for some naked eye astronomy.
- And of course, been thinking and thinking about the things that keep waking me up.