Thursday, February 25, 2010

There goes the puppy

Well, Elke's back with the breeder.

I had to be realistic: It's just not the right time in my life for a puppy. Right now, I need to focus on getting a job, I'm stressed out about that and, despite what I thought, I couldn't go through puppyhood alone and I had to be realistic about my not having a support system to help with her (it does take a village, people).

The breeder has a waiting list a mile long, so I made someone on that waiting list very happy. In the meantime, Elke's rolling around with her littermates again and I got to cuddle with a sweet puppy for a few days (and stand in the rain a lot).

When things are more settled, I'll reconsider, but frankly, I'll consider an older dog next time.

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Too bad you had to give her up. It is alot of work. Our puppy is a handful for my wife and I so doing it alone has to be tough.

Neets said...

Sorry to hear it. But if it makes you feel better, the same exact thing happened to my friend. She got a dog and within days she knew it wouldn't work and took the dog back. Now a few years have a passed and she's in a different place and just got a dog this year, and all is well. Elke will be happy. And so will you. : )