Thursday, June 23, 2011

I hate parental tech support

I want to shoot myself when my mom calls me up asking for help on her PC. There's nothing worse than her verbally walking through clicking on the toolbar and not finding what I'm asking her to look for.

Last week I'm on a conference call using join.me and I'm sharing my screen so that I can walk through wireframes and designs with my team that are in in DC and Mass. It occurred to me that I could use this to troubleshoot stuff for my mom if she's the one that shares her screen with me.

Haven't tried it yet but I think it's going to make those phone calls less painful. Totally free, too.

2 comments:

Injection Molding Machinery said...

Thanks for the link. Free! woot!

supergoodnumberone said...

i've used skype screenshare as well to talk my mom through it all. it's a lot easier except she still yells the whole time like it's my fault that she can't figure out what to do (parents...)